Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day at Air and Space Dulles (way delayed)

A few weeks ago Melany and I went to the Holiday craft bizarre in Herndon. We decided since we were there we would go to the National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles. They charge 25 to park your car but then the museum is free. They built a large hanger to hold all the big planes that wouldn't fit down town. The higlights for me were the Air France Concord, SR-71 Blackbird, Enola Gay, and Space Shuttle Enterprise (it never went to space but did test flights to be sure the shuttle could fly in the air).

Sine we wern't planning on going Melany didn't bring her camera so I used my iPhone to take some pictures.

Melany wanted a picture to document we were there which then prompted me to go take Pics.

The enterprise

Model of the Mars rover (it is way smaller than it looks in pictures)

Enola gay

Air France concord and pan am dc-9

Blackbird sr-71

After we were done sight seeing we stayed and watched Where the Wild things are in IMAX (way fun). It was a long but fun day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment